Caustic Soda, also widely known as Sodium Hydroxide, is primarily used in water-based fluids as an economic source of hydroxyl ions to control pH. Caustic Soda is a strong base and when solubilized in water it dissociates into Sodium and Hydroxyl ions in solution. Although used commonly in the Oil & Gas industry, Caustic Soda is used in many industries globally.
- Available by the pallet and packaged conveniently in 50-lb sacks
- Effective in all water-based fluids
- Economic source of hydroxyl ions to control pH
- Minimal treatments required
- Physical Apperarance - white beads, pellets, flakes or crystals
- Specific Gravity - 2.13
- pH (1% solution) - 13.0
- Solubility @86degF - 110 g/100mL water
Storage and Handling
- Store in a dry, well ventilated area
- Handle as an industrial chemical, wearing protective equipment, and reference SDS for further information
Warning! Avoid exposure and handle only when fully protected. Caustic Soda is an extremely alkaline material and can cause severe burns to eyes, skin and respiratory tract. Use immediately after opening as Caustic is hygroscopic and absorbs water from the air.
Sold and packaged by Federal +
Packaging of material may vary
Shipping is available, please contact us directly for shipping cost